First Steps at SWDC
Our First Steps and Next Steps classes are a great place for little ones to start. Our programs are designed to be an introduction to the basics of dance for ages 3-6 in a fun & nurturing environment.
Our youngest dancers can take classes in ballet, tap and hip hop! Contact the studio at 970.225.1611 to reserve your space!
We offer the following First Steps classes:
- Hip Hop
Why First Steps at SWDC?
We are confident your dancer’s first steps should be with Studio West Dance Center.
Exposure to dance & performance gives young children another way to express their emotions through storytelling plu reap the benefits of moving their bodies through a physical artform.
Dance classes for preschool age improve so many aspects of their physical, emotional and social well being! Here are just some of the benefit dance classes provide:
- Improves Physical Health: Dance is a physical activity and it’s one that focuses on the entire body so its great for TOTAL body fitness.
- Provides Opportunities For Socialization: Dance can help improve social and communication skills in class. And it can help reduce fears and teach children to be comfortable in front of a crowd.
- Room for Self Expression: The emphasis on self-expression in dance separates it from other forms of physical activity. Dance gives children the freedom to simply be themselves and be proud of that.
- Provides Education & Discipline: Children practice their memorization skills while learning their choreography. And dance is the perfect mixture of fun & discipline. These skills spill over into all aspects of their learning.
- Can Improve Self Esteem: As children learn more about dance and adjust to movement, they will start to gain a better sense of their bodies that will allow them to feel more comfortable in their own skin. The more comfortable a child feels the easier it will be for them to develop and maintain confidence.